Tutorial: Ombre Lips
Ombre lips have been popping up everywhere lately. Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 runway shows had ombre lips ranging from barely noticeable to over-the-top. I was most recently inspired by a saleswoman in the Neiman Marcus shoe department, who had red and burgundy ombre lips. The look was so daring that she paired it with very simple makeup and a ballerina bun. Perfection!
I decided to try this trend over the weekend by pairing two of my favorite lipsticks together in one look for an orange and pink ombre look (see below for the exact shades I wore). It was fabulous!
How to do ombre lips:
1. Make sure your lips are properly scrubbed, prepped, and not chapped!
2. I always start by lining my lips with a nude liner so I can color in with lipstick from there.
3. Put on the darker shade of lipstick on the entire lip. However, when I do nude and pink ombre lips, I use nude all over the entire lip (which is the lighter color), so use your best judgment.
4. Add the lighter shade in the center 1/3 part of the lip. You can use your finger or a lip brush. Be sure to lightly blend the edge of the colors together so the contrast isn’t too drastic.
5. Apply a clear gloss in the center of the lips to make your lips appear full and shiny. Voila!
Filed under: Fashion and Beauty | 3 Comments
Tags: colorblock lips, nude and pink lips, ombre lips, orange and pink lips, red and burgundy lips, spring 2012 runway makeup, two tone lips